When I used to study in Korea, I had been a listless student. I feel like I have been running breathless through the race of life. Ceaseless agony from fear of future made me blue. At that time, thankfully, my parents gifted me with a new opportunity to study in the United States. So I came to this new land to seek a different life full of motivation and energy.
However, I couldn’t foresee the troubles waiting for me. Being young and naïve, I thought in America the sun is always beaming. Life in America what I expected with hope came to be worse than before. Having no linguistic and cultural background whatsoever the giant wall of language barrier stood in my way. The barrier blocked my will and courage and those were bent easier than my little pinkie. In the school I rarely open my mouth because I often made myself ridiculous by misunderstanding English. For an anecdote, one time, I even nodded to the question “are you a fag?” coming from a bulling classmate.
After spending a hard time of the first semester, I visited my cousin’s basement in Minnesota for winter break. He was also foreign student like me. I was well aware of the hardships that he suffered in New Zealand as a student. So I considered that he may also be undergoing difficulties like me. Staying with him, however, I realized that I’m so blessed. It was not because his life was worse than me. It was because I saw I’m surrounded by many chance that I could catch, provided I endeavored hard. Looking the harvest of hard work that my cousin made, I thought I must change by deviating from melancholy.
Staying with my cousin and meeting his respectable the other Korean student in Minnesota, I became totally different person. First my friends have begun to think I’m talkative than they knew, and they thought me a funny and smart Su. Then now my friends say Korean are awesome. I help my friends when they get stuck on math or economics, and so on. Also I make them laugh with funny jokes. Being stable with school life, my host family, and friends, I became a gallant and regained stronger will and courage. Moreover, I got confidence of my dream.
I hope to specialize in art history in college. After taking it, I wish to specialize in fine arts. I strongly want to become a good artist who works for my fans, contributes to community, and helps other artists in need.
We can’t foresee our fore seasons. We might be in unexpected troubles tomorrow. The troubles that we suffer might change our environment. Those changes might also encroach on our will, courage, and dreams. However, we know even in Seattle it’s not always raining. I convict that there will be the brighter sun after experiencing problems. I’ll overcome challenges like I did before. I hope 대학이름 on my way to achieve my goal and to be together.
문법 좀 고쳐주실뿐..